This wedding announcement
originally appeared in the Tampa (FL) Daily
Times (date unknown) and was reprinted in the January 9, 1918 edition of
the Adair County News.
The marriage of Miss Lillian Jackman and Mr. Crumpton Graham, which was
solemnized yesterday at noon at the parsonage, of the Hyde Park
Methodist church, was a surprise and an event of much interest to the
numerous friends of the contracting parties.
Rev. L.M. Broyles, pastor of the Hyde Park Methodist church, performed
the ceremony in the presence of only the brother and sister-in-law of
the groom, Mr. and Mrs. Frank Graham, and the sister of the bride, Mrs.
The bride was attired in a handsome coat suit of brown velvet, with
accessories to match. She is one of Tampa's attractive and a [sic]
popular young girls and is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Jackman.
Mr. Graham is connected with the C.H. Moorhouse Company of this city,
and is highly esteemed by a large circle of friends. The happy couple
left immediately after the ceremony for a ten days' wedding trip, which
will include a visit to the east coast. Upon their return they will be
at home at 611 S. Delaware Ave. Their many friends unite in wishing them
all future happiness.--The Tampa Daily Times.
* * * * *
The bride's father, Mr. Frank Jackman, was the son of Wm. T. Jackman
& Lucy Coffey Jackman, natives of Russell County who had removed to
Adair County by 1880. Her mother was the former Miss Hellena J. Wolford,
the daughter of George M. Wolford & Luvenia Blair Wolford. Mr. George M.
Wolford served a term or two as High Sheriff of Adair County and holds
the distinction of conducting the last two legal hangings in Adair
County, those of Rude & Champ, the infamous brothers Fitzpatrick, in