A Career in Telegraphy
County News, August 19, 1908
Prof. J.C. Tucker has rented rooms in the C.C. [Columbia Christian]
College building and will open a school for the purpose of teaching
telegraphy. There is a great demand for telegraph operators, and Mr.
Tucker is of the opinion that this character of enterprise is needed
here. It will afford young men and ladies an opportunity to master a
business that will insure them employment at good salaries.