Source; Biographical Sketches
from, "Kentucky, History of the State"
Main Author; William Henry Perrin 1887
Submitted By : Vera Burnham June 15, 2002
John Rogers, general
manager and part owner of the Paducah Stave Factory, was born in 1853,
in Wakefield, Mass. His parents were Peter and Ellen Rogers, both of whom
were of Irish birth. The family removed to Paducah in the fall of 1866,
where Peter Rogers died, and where his widow is still living. John Rogers
first learned the trade of cooper which he followed until he became connected
with E. Farley in the manufacture of cut staves, in which they give employment
to a large number of men. He was married in Paducah in February, 1878 to
Miss Mary B. Nunn. They have two children, Wilford and Philip Rogers. Mrs.
Rogers is the daughter of Philip and Lucena Nunn, who are now living
in Paducah, and among the pioneers of that city. They are both of German
birth and have lived in Paducah since 1846.