Submitted by Sheila (Allen) Winterberg
William "Buffer Bill" Robinson was the brother to my 2xgreat grandfather Jason Robinson. They were the son's of Charles Robinson and Catherine Shelton. Charles and Catherine had 4 boy's and 4 girls.
1. Jason m. Louisa Brummett first and had 2 children, my great grandfather James William "Jim Bill" and Jane. He then married Emily Carrier and had Charles, Leander, and Thomas. Jim Bill and his sister Jane married brother and sister. he m. Mary Elizabeth Scott and Jane m. Elizabeth's brother.
2. William "Buffer Bill married Ellen Ball
3. James married Catherine or Nancy Burgess
4. Leander married ? Robinson
5. Esther married Hiram Lewis Jr. of Harlan Co. KY and they later moved to Ill.
I do not have the names of the other 3 at this time but one of them married John Brummett, Louisa's Brother, and another married William Carpenter a Civil War Soldier from Brethitt Co. and the other married a Durham?
Old Buffer Bill's mother Catherine Shelton was the daughter of Armstead Shelton who d. in 1842. Armstead m. Elizabeth ? Ponder? Charles (Buffer's father) bought the farm in 1849 where Burning Spring Creek dumps into Sexton's creek, in Laurel Co. KY. He died 2 years later.
Each one of Charles and Catherine's son's names a son Charles. They called Jason's son Charles "Me Charles" Buffer's son was called Baby Charles and he died young(drowned). Leander's was "Wormy Charles" and James' was Black Charles, because of his black hair.
Buffer packed his horse and went to make rounds to visit his brothers one time. and after spending the night Jason's he went to Laurel Co. to Leander's house. When he rode up in the yard a big scraping boy stepped out on the porch with a rifle. Buffer asked him where Leander was, and he replied what's it to you and shot Buffer in the hip. This boy was Wormy Charles.
Old first Charles the daddy of Buffer Bill and my Jason also had a brother William Jr. that started the Brush Creek Robinson's.
Buffer Bill's great grandson Albert Robertson was a senator from Laurel and Rockcastle Co. and was/is the owner of Robinson's Sausage Co. in London Ky.