| This church and the cemetery across the road was deeded as a Methodist
Church in 1866 by Miles G. Wilmot and was to stay in the hands of the Methodist
Church and heirs. Edd Wilmot maintained the church and family reunions were
held there until his death in 1965. In 1966 the church was used to store hay,
which caught fire and the building burned to the ground.
Wilmot Chapel Cemetery is just across the road from where the church was
located and is still in used today. The older members of the Wilmot Family were
buried there, but stones are gone, so graves cannot be located. Members of the
Wilmot family were, Miles G. Wilmot and others believed to be buried there are
William E. Wilmot, Maggie Wilmot and others.
Submitted by Edna W. Harris